Who We Are
The Space Law Society @ Berkeley Law is an organization to foster Berkeley Law involvement in the law and policy of outer space. Like many high technology legal fields, Space Law is a relatively new field which has developed rapidly. Our mission is one of nuanced exchange and infinite camaraderie. Our mission is to explore the emerging field, embracing the many perspectives that students have to offer and seeking out new practices and ideas.
What We Do
- Host space law speakers like Komal Sadhwani, attorney at NASA Ames Research Center; Thomas Tshudy, General Counsel at United Launch Alliance; and Dr. George Nield, Associate Administrator of the FAA's Office of Commercial Space Transportation
- Put on fun, space-related events like Telescope Socials, trips to the Lawrence Hall of Science, and Star Trek viewing parties
- Field a Space Moot Court Team
- Coached by Michael Saretsky from Kirkland & Ellis and Adam Newsome from Air Force Space Command
- There will be Open Auditions next year!
- Projects in the Works: Petitioning for a Space Law Class and starting a Space Law Society podcast